Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Too Much Rest?!

Yesterday I had my 36 week check up with the Doctor. My blood pressure is still generally high and approaching very closely to preeclampsia levels. Doc has me giving blood and "other" samples to test my body and make sure my other organs are working properly. He has me doing a stress test for the baby twice this week (which consists of sitting in a hospital bed for approx two hours with hockey puck monitors strapped to my baby bump) Just to make sure our little girl is still doing well on the inside. Everything turned out fine with the test yesterday, except that dang blood pressure. Baby is very very healthy. Wiggling a healthy amount with a perfect heart rate.... So Doc put me on bed rest (NO!!!) I know bed rest may seem a wonderful idea to many, although after my two hour confinement in that hospital bed I was ready to be moving around again. Only to be told I need to spend the next 3 weeks in bed. It feels as if I am going to turn out like Grandma and Grandpa off Willy Wonka. Never to be out of bed again - and it hasn't even been 24 hours!!

I honestly think I have rested TOO much. My body has woken me up 3 times so far this night and at about 4 am I gave up. Subconscious Brittney is done laying in that bed. Thus - two posts in one night (morning). Not sure when I will feel tired enough to go back to sleep.

I feel like I am having to talk my way through these last few weeks of pregnancy. "I can do anything for 4 weeks", "it's not really THAT much longer", "It will be worth it to have a healthy body and a healthy baby".... I'm running out of self encouraging thoughts. I am accepting all motivating sentences anyone can pass my way. As well as any good novels that can keep me in bed....and a foot massage is needed. Not to mention my poor toes need to be painted. (All of the things I can't seem to do myself ). Danny is in Chicago for the next 4 days and is not here to entertain me - therefore, I am also accepting invitations for most activities that can keep me sane, and keep me in bed.

Can't wait for Baby Welch to come!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, good luck! I remember thinking that bed rest would be such a wonderful idea (this was when I was in school during my last pregnancy) but after thinking about it (and talking to women who had to endure it)....I hear it sucks. :( I'm sorry and I hope you aren't too bored/stir crazy. It must be frustrating. I can't wait to see your baby though! :)

    Let me know if you need anything or want company. Maybe we could do a couples' game night when Danny gets back? On the bed, of course ;)

    ReplyDelete